- Prep: 2 hr 20 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 2 hr 20 min
- Serving: Makes 4 to 6 Servings
A classic beverage because it never goes out of style; this recipe proves that sometimes the simplest blends taste the best.
- 8 cups (2 quarts) water, boiling water
- 8 green tea bags
- 1 bunch fresh mint
- 1-1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (from about 4 medium lemons)
- 6 fresh mint sprigs, for garnish
- 6 Lemon slices to garnish
- Place the tea bags and the bunch of fresh mint into the boiling water and let steep for 15 minutes.
- Once the tea has steeped, remove and discard the tea and then add the sugar. Stir the mixture until all of the sugar has dissolved.
- Let the tea cool to room temperature and then place in the refrigerator for 2 hours to chill.
- Once tea has chilled, remove the mint and stir in the lemon juice. Pour into ice-filled glasses garnished with mint sprigs and lemon slices.