- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 35 min
- Total: 55 min
- Serving: Makes 15 mini trifles
A traditional sweet treat at the holidays, Miniature Gingerbread Trifles will delight your guests at your next holiday gathering.
- 2 cups vanilla pudding
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1/3 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup molasses
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1-1/2 tablespoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cream butter at medium speed with an electric mixer; gradually add sugar until blended; add egg and molasses and mix well.
- Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and spices in a separate bowl and stir until mixed. Slowly add dry ingredients to batter, mixing well. Pour batter into lightly floured 13x9-inch pan.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until wooden toothpick comes out clean. Let cool and cut into 1-inch squares. Alternate squares of gingerbread with layers of vanilla pudding in mini trifle bowls. End with pudding and top with a dash of cinnamon.