- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 15 min
- Serving: 2 Servings
A great summer appetizer to offer guests, make this recipe when tomatoes are in season and at their sweetest.
- 2 medium-size tomatoes
- 1/3 cup boiled corn
- 1/3 cup boiled peas
- 1/3 cup tuna
- 1/3 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 boiled eggs, diced
- 1/3 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup capers
- 1/3 cup beans
- 2 small basil leaves, shredded
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- olive oil
- Using a sharp knife cut the tomatoes in half and then scoop out the seeds with a melon-baller.
- Evenly fill the tomato halves with corn, peas, tuna, cheese, egg, carrots, capers, beans and basil.
- Add a pinch of salt and pepper to each half and then drizzle with the oil and vinegar.