- Prep: 30 hr
- Cook Time: 2 hr 30 min
- Total: 32 hr 30 min
- Serving: 14 sliders
Warm beer-braised corn beef, savory sauerkraut, rich thousand island, tangy swiss cheese and a perfectly toasted slider bun make these mini reubens to die for! Each little slider is bursting with all of the flavors you love from the traditional deli sandwhich in a mini bite size appetizer. Serve warm with dill pickle chunk.
- 2 pounds corn beef brisket
- 1 cup of dark brown beer, seperated
- 2 cups of sauerkraut, drained
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 7 slices of swiss cheese cut in half (14 half slices)
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon sage
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup of mayonnaise
- 1 cup of ketchup
- 1/4 cup of sweet pickle relish
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 2 tablespoons of milk
- 1 cup of water, divided
- 14 slider buns, toasted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mix together basil, sage, rosemary, salt and pepper. Rub spices all over corn beef brisket. Place brisket in a jelly roll pan (or deep roasting pan). Pour water and 1/2 cup of beer over brisket. Cover with foil and bake for two hours. Check in every 30-60 minutes to baste beef to prevent it from over drying. Once brisket is done, remove foil and let cool.
- While brisket bakes, prepare sauerkraut. Place sauerkraut, 1/2 cup of beer and 1/2 cup of water into a sauce pan. Heat on medium for about 30-40 minutes, or until liquid has decreased.
- To make the thousand island, mix mayonnaise, ketchup, relish, Worcestershire sauce, sugar and milk. Chill for at least 20-30 minutes.
- To make sliders, slice the corn beef into thin slices. Cut in half. Place two half slices on the bottom of the slider bun. Put 1 tablespoon of sauerkraut, 1/2 slice of cheese and a dollop of thousand island. Cover with top bun and enjoy!