- Prep: 30 min
- Cook Time: 12 min
- Total: 42 min
- Serving: 8-10 People
This all-time American party favorite is just one of the delightful dishes in A Reader’s Cookbook, the latest from three-time James Beard award winner Judith Choate.
Honey-Mustard Sauce Ingredients
- 1 cup German-style mustard
- ½ cup honey
1 teaspoon hot sauce
- In a small bowl, whisk mustard, honey and hot sauce until well combined.
- Set aside one-quarter cup for pigs in a blanket preparation and use remainder as dipping sauce when serving.
Add the honey-mustard sauce to the mini pigs before baking and as a dipping sauce afterward, as follows:
- Two 8-ounce cans refrigerated crescent roll dough
- 32 cocktail franks
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or use nonstick baking sheets
- Separate the dough from each can of rolls into four equal rectangles; then cut each rectangle into four 3-inch long strips
- Working with one piece at a time, lightly coat each dough strip with Honey-Mustard Sauce. Place a cocktail frank at the center and carefully roll the dough up and over the frank, leaving each end uncovered. Lightly push ends of dough together to seal it around frank.
- Place each pig in a blanket, seam side down, on the prepared baking sheets, leaving about two inches between them.
- Whisk egg and cream in shallow bowl until combined. Using a clean pastry brush, lightly coat the top of each pastry with the mixture.
- Place in preheated oven and bake for 12 minutes or until pastry is slightly puffed and golden brown.
- Remove from oven and serve warm with remaining Honey-Mustard Sauce as a dip. Serve warm.