- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Total: 45 min
- Serving: 12
Mini Morsel Cupcakes have a delicious homemade frosting.
- Cupcakes: 2 1/2 cups flour
- 2 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teapoon salt
- 2 sticks butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1, 12 ounce package semi-sweet chocolate mini morsels, divided
- Chocolate Frosting: 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate mini morsels (reserved from cupcakes)
- 1 stick butter, softened
- 2 1/2 cups confectioner's sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cupcakes: In bowl, combine flour, baking powder and salt; set aside. In mixer bowl, beat butter, sugar and vanilla until creamy. Add eggs, beating well after each. Blend in flour mixture alternately with milk. Stir in 3/4 cup mini morsels.
- Spoon batter into 24 paper-lined muffin cups. Bake 18 to 22 minutes or until tops spring back when lightly pressed. Cool. Spread with frosting. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup mini morsels.
- Frosting: Melt remaining 1 cup morsels. Cool. In mixer bowl, beat butter, confectioner's sugar, milk, vanilla and melted chocolate until creamy.