- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: Makes 24 crab cakes
Crab cakes make a classic appetizer or can be served on top of a bed of lettuce for a decadent salad.
- 1/4 cup dried bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons Old Bay seasoning
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons salted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1-1/2 pounds jumbo lump crab meat
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, mix bread crumbs, baking powder, parsley, dried mustard, pepper and Old Bay
- In a separate bowl, combine mayonnaise, butter, Worcestershire and eggs until well mixed. Gently stir in crab meat then bread crumb mixture.
- Form the crab mixture into 24 (2- to 3-inch) patties and arrange on the prepared baking sheet. Cook for 15 to 20 minutes or until crab cakes are golden brown and crispy on the outside, flipping over after 7 to 8 minutes.