- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Total: 40 min
- Serving: 10
Mini Coffee Cakes are filled with nuts and are great for brunch.
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1 tablespoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 small package instant vanilla pudding
- 1/3 cup margarine, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- Walnut Topping: 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- In bowl, combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and vanilla pudding; set aside.
- In large bowl, with electric mixer, beat margarine and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. Add flour mixture and milk; beat until blended. Stir in walnuts.
- Spoon batter into paper lined 2 1/2 inch muffin cups until 2/3 full. Sprinkle with walnut topping. Bake at 375 degrees F for 20 to 25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from pans; cool slightly. Serve warm.
- Walnut topping: In a small bowl, combine topping ingredients and sprinkle on muffins.