- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total: 20 min
- Serving: 8-10 people
A bite-size version of the popular sandwich, these delectable mini pizza tarts are the perfect appetizer for those pizza and bacon lovers among your family and friends!
- 1 refrigerated can of pizza crust
- 1/3 cup of pizza sauce
- 1/3 cup of sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 plum tomatoes
- 4 pieces of crispy bacon, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise
- 1 cup of chopped lettuce
- 3 fresh basil leaves
- Cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease a cookie sheet with cooking spray.
- Using a 4-inch round cookie cutter, cut out 7-8 circles. Place on greased cooking sheet.
- Using a spoon, carefully scoop enough pizza sauce to cover each tart, leaving a small crust edge. Cover each tart with a tomato slice, cheese, fresh basil and bacon. Bake for 8-10 minutes until dough is browned.
- While tarts bake, mix lettuce and mayonnaise. When tarts have cooled slightly, garnish with lettuce mixture and sprinkle additional bacon and cheese on top.