- Prep: 3 hr 15 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 3 hr 15 min
- Serving: 8 servings
Mignonette sauce is a French condiment that is typically spooned over raw oysters right before they are eaten.
- 2 medium shallots, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons coarsely ground pepper
- 1/4 cup champagne
- 48 oysters in shells, well chilled and cleaned
- Place the shallots, vinegar, and pepper into a small bowl and whisk to combine.
- Cover the bowl and let stand at room temperature for 3 hours to allow flavors to blend.
- Just prior to serving, slowly add the champ age and gently stir to combine.