- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 15 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
Fill a whole-wheat pita with this creamy and spicy middle eastern-inspired recipe for tuna salad.
- 1/3 cup Greek-style plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons tahini or olive oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, very finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 6-ounce can solid white tuna in water, drained and flaked
- 1 8-ounce can chickpeas (3/4 cup), drained and rinsed
- 1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Salt & freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 whole-wheat pitas cut in half
- Place the yogurt, tahini, lemon juice, garlic and cumin into a bowl, and whisk until well combined.
- Add in the tuna, chickpeas, parsley, salt and pepper, and stir again until blended.
- Spoon the tuna mixture into each pita pocket and serve.