- Prep: 6 hr
- Cook Time: 6 min
- Total: 6 hr 6 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
These Middle Eastern-inspired lamb kabobs are first tenderized in a spicy onion, garlic and lemon puree, and then grilled to perfection. Serve accompanied with a bowl of plain Greek-style yogurt and some warm pita bread.
- 1 medium onion, quartered
- 1 clove peeled garlic
- 4 flat-leaf parsley sprigs
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- pinch of saffron threads
- 1-1/4 pounds trimmed lamb loin, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Place the onion, garlic, parsley sprigs, lemon zest, lemon juice, allspice, salt and saffron into a blender and puree the mixture until smooth. Pour the marinade into a large plastic Ziploc bag, add the cubed lamb and then seal and marinate the meat for at least 6 hours in the refrigerator, or overnight.
- Prepare a grill on high heat.
- Thread the cubes of lamb onto metal skewers, brush with some olive oil and then place on the hot grill for 6 minutes, turning occasionally to ensure even cooking. Serve immediately.