- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: Makes 1
Stretch out summertime with this sultry sparkling sipper made with top quality Prosecco. D.O.C.G. Prosecco makes the perfect hip, and reasonably priced, sip for lunch, brunch, or celebrations.
The fine print: only Proseccos bearing the D.O.C.G. designation are authentic Prosecco wines, produced under strict quality controls in the 12,000-acre Conegliano-Valdobbiadene region outside Venice. Paris Hilton aside, who needs canned, imitation Prosecco anyway, when the real thing runs around $15 a bottle?
For mixologist Sean Dal Colletto at Santi Restaurant in Santa Rosa, pomegranate juice and Prosecco make for the most refreshing of cocktails. His best seller: Hanger One Mandarin Blossom Vodka spiked with elderflower liqueur and pomegranate juice, and finished with Prosecco.
Another specialty cocktail of Sean's is this recipe for Mezzo a brilliantly refreshing balance of tangy and sweet.
- 1-1/2-ounces Mandarin Blossom Vodka, or other flavored vodka
- 3/4-ounce elderflower liqueur
- 1 1/2-ounce. pomegranate juice
- 3/4 to 1-ounce Prosecco (D.O.C.G.)
- Shake first three ingredients with 2 cups crushed ice; strain into a 5-ounce martini glass and top with Prosecco.