- Prep: –
- Cook Time: 5 min
- Total: 5 min
Meyer lemons are a little sweeter than regular lemons. If you can’t find Meyer lemons, use regular lemons for this wafer recipe.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated Meyer lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons fresh Meyer lemon juice
- 1 egg
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy; add lemon rind and lemon juice, then add the egg and beat well.
- In a separate bowl, combine the flour, salt and soda. Gradually blend the flour mixture into the butter and sugar mixture.
- Form into logs of dough, about 1 1/2-inches in diameter; wrap logs in waxed paper and refrigerate until firm.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F, and grease a cookie sheet. Slice the logs into very thin slices and place on cookie sheet.
- Place the cookie sheet in the oven, then immediately lower heat to 350 degrees F and bake for 4 to 5 minutes. Cool and serve.