- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 5 min
- Serving: 4 1-1/2 Servings
This Mexican specialty is made with Meyer lemons; a hybrid created by crossing a mandarin orange and a lemon that was originally developed in China and then brought to the United States in the early 1900s by Frank Meyer, after whom the lemon was named.
- 2 ounces good-quality tomato juice
- 2 ounces fresh Meyer lemon juice
- 1-1/2 ounces grenadine
- 2 teaspoons chipotle powder
- 1 pinch salt
- Place all of the ingredients into a small pitcher and stir until the chipotle powder is completely dissolved.
- Put the Sangrita into the refrigerator and chill for at least 1 hour before serving.