- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: Makes 4 servings
This Mexican style grilled steak recipe is a refreshing take on a time-tested standard.
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain white rice
- 1 (16-ounce) can refried beans
- Salt to taste
- Garlic powder to taste
- 2 small onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 beef steaks, trimmed
- 2 avocados, peeled, pitted, sliced
- Lightly oil grill grate and preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- In a medium-sized pot over high heat, bring water to a boil. Add rice, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer with lid on for 20 minutes or until water is absorbed.
- In a second pot over medium heat, stir together beans, salt, and garlic powder. Cook, stirring often, until heated through.
- In a medium-sized nonstick skillet over medium-high heat, saute onions in oil until golden.
- Grill steaks as directed above (follow the tips). When ready to serve, spread beans on top of steaks and top with onions and avocados. Serve over rice.