- Prep: –
- Cook Time: 9 hr 10 min
- Total: 9 hr 10 min
- Serving: 6 servings
Spicy slow cooked Mexican split pea soup.
- 1 (16 ounce) package dried split peas, sorted and rinsed
- 4 cups water
- 6 ounces smoked chorizo sausage, sliced thined, casings removed
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (11 ounce) can Mexican style whole kernal corn, drained
- 1/2 cup sliced green onion
- Mix together the first four ingredients in the slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours. Stir in the corn and onion, cover and cook for an additional 10 minutes.