- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 8 min
- Total: 23 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
Spicing up your life and your palette is simple with this easy recipe for Mexican strips of spicy beef served with piquant dressing and a fresh salsa.
- 1 pound steak, sliced into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- FOR THE DRESSING:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon ground chili powder
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Salt, to taste
- FOR THE SALSA:
- 2 large, firm red tomatoes, chopped
- 6-8 red spring onions, chopped
- 1 handful of coriander leaves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 red chilli, chopped
- Sea salt to taste
- Place the 2 tablespoons of olive oil into a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once the oil begins to shimmer, add the meat and cook until browned but still slightly pink in the middle. Set the pan aside.
- To make the dressing, place the 1/4 cup of olive oil, lime juice, oregano, cumin, coriander, chili powder, garlic and a few pinches of salt and pepper to taste into a large bowl. Stir the mixture well to combine and then add the steak strips to the bowl. Toss well to coat and then set aside.
- To make the salsa, place the tomatoes, onions, coriander, vinegar, chilli and a few pinches of salt and pepper into a bowl and mix well to combine.
- Serve the steak with the salsa and a side of flour tortillas.