- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
- Serving: Serves 4
Instead of serving rice as a side dish for dinner, serve a sweetened rice for dessert. This cinnamon-spiced rice pudding will add a luscious end to your meal. Make extra and warm it up as a breakfast treat later in the week.
- 3/4 cup long-grain white rice
- 1 1/2 cups water
- Pinch of salt
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 4 cups whole milk
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup raisins
- Ground cinnamon for dusting
- Bring rice, water, salt and cinnamon sticks to a boil over medium-high heat in a large saucepan. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Increase heat to medium and stir in milk and sugars and cook, uncovered, over for 30 to 40 minutes, stirring continuously, until rice is tender and mixture thickens.
- Remove pudding from the heat, stir in the vanilla and raisins, and remove the cinnamon sticks. Ladle into dessert bowls and dust with cinnamon. Serve warm or at room temperature.