- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 42 min
- Total: 52 min
- Serving: Makes 12 Servings
Take classic mac and cheese, add some Mexican flair and you get delicious comfort food with a twist.
- 12 ounces dried mostaccioli or rigatoni pasta (3 cups)
- 1pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 16-ounce jar green medium-hot salsa
- 2 8-ounce package shredded Monterey Jack cheese (4 cups)
- Tomato wedges, sliced jalapeño peppers, and chopped fresh cilantro to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease a baking dish with olive oil cooking spray.
- Cook the pasta according to package directions, drain and return back to pot.
- In the meantime, place the sausage and the onion into a large skillet over medium heat and cook for about 6 minutes, or until sausage has browned on all sides.
- Place the sausage mixture into the pot with the pasta, add the salsa and stir the mixture to combine.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking dish and place in the oven for 35 minutes. Top with the tomato, jalapeno peppers and cilantro to garnish.