- Prep: –
- Cook Time: –
- Total: –
If your family is like most, they love it when you treat them to a piping hot casserole. And this is good news for you, because they're quick and economical to make.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 package enchilada sauce mix (dry mix in envelope)
- 12 flour tortillas
- 3 cups water
- 1 (8 ounce) block each of Monterey jack and mild cheddar cheese, grated
- Brown ground beef, add enchilada sauce mix, tomato paste, and three cups of water. Simmer 10 minutes. In 9" x 13" baking pan, place a spoon of sauce on the bottom. Layer tortillas, meat mixture, and cheeses.
- Continue layering, ending with both cheeses. Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes, or until cheese is melted.