- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total: 15 min
Creamy coconut milk, real vanilla and rich Mexican chocolate make a decadent cup of hot cocoa.
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 vanilla bean, split lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 ounces semi-sweet Mexican chocolate, roughly chopped
- freshly grated nutmeg
- 1 cup fresh whipping cream sprinkled with cinnamon
- Place the coconut milk and the plain milk into a small saucepan over medium-high heat and bring to a boil.
- Add the cinnamon stick and then stir in the freshly grated nutmeg.
- Scrape the seeds out of the vanilla bean and into the pan then add the brown sugar and chocolate.
- Whisk the mixture together until the chocolate has totally melted and then pour the hot cocoa into four mugs. Top each with the fresh cream and serve immediately.