- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total: 30 min
- Serving: 6 Servings
No need to head south of the border for this Mexican treat. Make your own version at home with a hot grill, fresh corn, a bottle of Picante sauce, butter and some grated cotija cheese.
- 6 ears corn on the cob, husks removed
- 1 jar Picante Sauce
- 6 tablespoon butter
- 6 tablespoon grated cotija cheese or Parmesan cheese
- Prepare a grill on medium heat.
- Cut 6 large squares of heavy duty aluminum foil and place one ear of corn onto each piece. Spoon 1/3 cup of picante sauce onto each piece of corn and then add 1 tablespoon of butter. Bring up the sides of the foil over the corn and then fold in the edges to seal.
- Place the wrapped corn on the grill for 18 minutes, flipping them frequently to ensure even cooking, and then carefully open each packet and cook for an additional 2 minutes. Top each ear of corn with the cotija cheese and serve immediately.