- Prep: 30 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 30 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
This dish captures all of the fresh and spicy flavors of Mexico in a simple yet satisfying salad. Serve alone or wrapped in a soft tortilla.
- 3/4 cup corn, drained and rinsed
- 3/4 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3/4 cup jicama, peeled and chopped (or water chestnut)
- 1 bunch of cilantro, minced
- 1 lemon, juice
- 1 lime, juice
- 3/4 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 1 jalapeno, seeds removed and diced
- Combine all of the ingredients in a large bowl.
- Pour in the lemon and the lime juice and toss until ingredients are well combined and coated. Season with salt and pepper and toss once more.
- Cover the salad and chill in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.