- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Total: 50 min
- Serving: Serves 8 people
Mexican Chocolate Cake gives dessert a dash of heat with its seasonings and spices.
- 1-1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 cup of granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup of cold water
- 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- 1 cup of powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup of cocoa
- 6 tablespoons of water
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Lightly coat an 8-inch cake pan with cooking spray.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl combine the flour, granulated sugar, 1/2 cup of cocoa, cinnamon, baking soda, cayenne pepper, salt, water, vinegar and vanilla. Mix until smooth.
- Pour the cake mixture into the pan and bake for about 25-30 minutes. Cool in the pan for about 10 minutes. Remove the cake from the pan once it's cool.
- When the cake has completely cooled, make your cake glaze by whisking together the powdered sugar, 1/2 cup cocoa and water.
- The glaze will be a thin and a bit runny. Place your cake on a serving platter and drizzle the glaze over the cake. Let the glaze dry a bit before serving.