- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 38 min
- Total: 53 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
A delicious dish to serve guests for Cinco De Mayo; serve with frosty glasses of Sol Mexican beer.
- Nonstick spray coating
- 6 6-inch corn tortillas, each cut into 6 wedges
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 cup loose-pack frozen whole kernel corn
- 1 16-ounce jar salsa verde
- 3 tablespoons sour cream
- 3 tablespoons snipped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 cup crumbled Mexican Chihuahua cheese (4 ounces)
- Sour cream, to garnish
- Snipped fresh cilantro, to garnish
- Chopped tomato, to garnish
- Jalapeno pepper, thinly sliced, to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, and spray 4, 10-ounce baking dishes with cooking spray.
- Place 5 tortilla wedges in the bottom of each baking dish, and place the remaining tortilla wedges on a baking sheet in the oven for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, place the chicken, corn, salsa, 3 tablespoons of sour cream, cilantro and the flour together in a medium-sized bowl, and mix until blended.
- Fill each prepared baking dish with the chicken mixture and then bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove the tortilla casseroles from the oven and top with the baked tortilla wedges and the cheese. Bake for an additional 8 minutes and then top with sour cream, cilantro, tomatoes and jalapeno pepper. Serve warm.