- Prep: 3 hr 15 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total: 3 hr 30 min
- Serving: 8
Melt in Your Mouth Lemon Layer Cake is not your traditional cake. It's layered with cream cheese, nuts and lemon pudding.
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 cup margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1, 8 ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioner's sugar
- 1 cup Cool Whip
- 1 package lemon instant pudding
- 3 cups milk
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup Cool Whip for garnishing top
- Combine flour, margarine and pecans. Press mixture into the bottom of a 9 by 13 inch baking pan. Bake at 350 degrees F for 15 minutes. Let crust cool
- Cream together cream cheese, confectioner's sugar and 1 cup Cool Whip. Layer this on crust.
- Next layer: Combine lemon pudding with milk and gelatin. Pour on cream cheese layer.
- Top with remaining Cool Whip. Refrigerate 3 hours before serving.