- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 15 min
- Serving: 6 Servings
Fresh honeydew melon adds a sweet and cool element of flavor that traditional tomato-based salsa cannot imitate. Enjoy this as a refreshing summer dip or served atop of grilled meats and seafood.
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon Champagne vinegar
- 1 shallot - peeled and minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger - peeled and minced
- 1 tablespoons jalapeno pepper - brunoise (or more for extra heat, if desired)
- 3 cups watermelon - peeled and diced
- 1 cup honeydew melon - peeled, seeded and diced
- 1 cup cucumber (English) - peeled and diced
- 1/4 cup mint Leaves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Sea salt and pepper - to taste
- Place the orange juice, lime juice, vinegar, shallot, ginger and jalapeño pepper into a large salad bowl and mix well to combine.
- Add the melon and the cucumber and gently toss to combine.
- Drizzle the salad with the oil, sprinkle with some salt and pepper to taste and then add the fresh mint. Toss once again to combine and then serve immediately.