- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 6 min
- Total: 16 min
- Serving: Serves 4 as a side salad
Make sure to chill the cantaloupe for a few hours in the refrigerator before preparing this salad, so it makes a nice contrast to the hot bacon.
- 5 strips bacon, cut into 3-inch pieces
- 1 small cantaloupe melon
- 6 small mint leaves, torn if big
- 1 small bunch arugula, washed, dried and chopped
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Freshly ground pepper
- Place the bacon into a medium-sized skillet over medium heat and cook until just crispy. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate using a slotted spoon to drain.
- In the meantime, vigorously whisk together the oil, honey, lemon juice and a few grinds of fresh pepper.
- Cut the melon in half, remove and discard the seeds and then slice the flesh off of the skin. Cut the melon into chunks and place in a serving bowl.
- Add the cooked bacon, arugula, mint and dressing to the bowl with the melon, and then gently toss to combine. Serve immediately.