- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 10 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
This elegant and sophisticated melon, peach and prosciutto appetizer should be served with a bottle of Sancerre, Côtes du Rhône or Valpolicella.
- 1 1-1/2-pound honeydew melon, seeded, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 peach, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1-1/2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons vin cotto
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped basil
- 2 tablespoons chopped marjoram
- 1/2 pound fresh mozzarella, chopped
- 8 thin slices of prosciutto, 2 ounces
- Place the melon and the peach in a bowl and drizzle with the olive oil, vin cotto and a few pinches of salt and pepper. Toss to coat and then let stand at room temperature for 5 minutes to allow flavors to blend.
- Gently stir in the herbs and cheese and then transfer the mixture to a serving dish. Top with the sliced prosciutto and serve immediately.