- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 10 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
Typical tuna salad gets a flash of Mediterranean flavor and flare with this simple sandwich recipe. Use imported Italian or Greek tuna packed in olive oil if possible.
- 2 6-ounce cans imported tuna, in olive oil
- 1 plum tomato, chopped
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped marinated artichoke hearts
- 2 tablespoons minced red onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped pitted Kalamata olives
- 1 teaspoon capers, rinsed and chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 8 slices whole-wheat bread, lightly toasted
- Put the tuna into a bowl along with the feta, artichokes, onion, olives, capers, lemon juice and freshly ground pepper, and mix until thoroughly combined.
- Spoon the mixture onto 4 of the whole-wheat bread slices and then top with the remaining 4 slices of bread. Cut the sandwiches diagonally and serve.