- Prep: 1 hr 5 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 1 hr 5 min
- Serving: 1 cup
Enjoy this fresh and flavorful spread that encompasses the simple yet robust flavors of the Mediterranean.
- 1/2 cup chopped stuffed green or salad olives
- 1/4 cup chopped black olives
- 1/4 cup chopped Greek kalamata olives
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons capers, rinsed, drained
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh garlic
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon chopped jalapeño or serrano chile peppers
- 1/4 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons fresh basil leaves and some to garnish
- Place all of the ingredients into a small serving bowl and mix until well combined.
- Cover the mixture and let stand for 1 hour at room temperature to allow the flavors to blend.
- Stir the tapenade, sprinkle with some fresh basil and serve with crackers, pita bread wedges or chips.