- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 18 min
- Total: 33 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
Enjoy the fresh tastes of the Mediterranean in this pasta dish made with succulent pieces of shrimp, fresh tomatoes and basil.
- 12 ounces fresh medium-sized shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups chopped, plum tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon drained capers
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 8 ounces spaghetti
- 1/3 cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook spaghetti according to package directions, drain and return to pot.
- Meanwhile, put the oil into a large sauté pan and heat over medium-high heat. Add the onion and garlic and sauté for about 2 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Add the shrimp and sauté for about 3 minutes, and then add the onion back into the pan along with the tomatoes, basil, capers, salt, and pepper. Stir to combine and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the tomato mixture to the pasta and toss to combine. Serve with the Parmesan cheese.