- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 10 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
Soaking garlic in very hot water for at least five minutes before using gives it a bit of a milder taste with a little less bite.
- 2 cloves finely chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons boiling water
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- Sea salt and fresh cracked pepper
- Place the garlic into a bowl with the water and then set aside for 5 minutes to soak.
- Add the lemon juice, oil, sugar, basil, oregano, red pepper flakes and a few sprinkles of salt and pepper to the bowl with the garlic and then vigorously mix to combine. Serve immediately.