- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 8 min
- Total: 23 min
- Serving: Makes 8 pita pizzas
Pita bread makes a delicious, thin and crispy crust substitute for these hummus, roasted red pepper, feta and garlic pizzas.
- 8 (4-inch) pita bread rounds
- 1/2 (7-ounce) container hummus
- 3/4 cup roasted sweet red peppers, drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese (2 ounces)
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese (2 ounces)
- 8 pitted kalamata olives, halved
- 8 oregano leaves or small sprigs
- Preheat your oven to 425 degree F.
- Put the pita bread onto a baking sheet and place in the oven for 2 minutes.
- Remove the toasted pita from the oven, evenly spread with the hummus and then top with the red peppers, feta and mozzarella cheese.
- Return the pizzas to the oven for an additional 6 minutes and then remove and top with the olives and oregano. Serve immediately.