- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 12 min
- Total: 22 min
- Serving: 6 Servings
A soft and creamy goat cheese, like chèvre, or feta work equally as well topped onto this peasant-style pizza made with Mediterranean-inspired ingredients.
Photo originally appeared on www.bhg.com
- 1 (16-ounce) Italian bread shell
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 2 ounces semisoft goat cheese or feta cheese, crumbled (about 1/4 cup)
- 1 teaspoon dried basil, crushed or 2 tablespoons snipped fresh basil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 plum tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 small yellow, orange, or green sweet pepper, cut into thin bite-size strips
- fresh basil to garnish
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place the cream cheese, goat cheese, basil, garlic and pepper into a bowl and stir well until the mixture is thoroughly blended.
- Evenly spread the cheese mixture over the bread shell and then top with the tomatoes and sweet pepper.
- Place the pizza in the oven and cook for 12 minutes. Serve in slices garnished with fresh basil.