- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 5 hr
- Total: 5 hr 20 min
- Serving: 6
Brought to you from the 50+ Friends Club Cookbook.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can whole tomatoes, undrained and coarsely chopped (14Â½ oz.)
- 2 cans reduced-sodium chicken broth (14Â½ oz. each)
- 1 can tomato sauce (8 oz.)
- 1 jar sliced mushrooms (2Â½ oz.)
- 1/4 cup ripe olives, sliced
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup dry white wine (optional)
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon fennel seed, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled
- Place all ingredients except shrimp in crock pot. Cover and cook on low 4 to 4Â½ hours or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Stir in shrimp.
- Cover and cook 15 to 30 minutes or until shrimp are opaque.
- Remove and discard bay leaves.