- Prep: 40 min
- Cook Time: 10 min
- Total: 50 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
A combination of garlic, oregano, za'atar, feta and Kalamata olives makes this summertime salad a myriad of invigorating Mediterranean flavors.
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh oregano
- 1 teaspoon za'atar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 black pepper
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast
- 3 cups chopped peeled cucumber (about 3 cucumbers)
- 1/2 cup sliced red onion
- 1/2 crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons pitted kalamata olives, chopped
- 2 ripe tomatoes cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon white winte vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Put the garlic, 2 tablespoons of olive oil, oregano, za'atar, salt and pepper into a small bowl and mix well to combine. Rub the mixture onto the chicken breasts and set aside for 30 minutes at room temperature.
- Place the remaining olive oil into a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Once it begins to shimmer, add the chicken and sear for 5 minutes on each side. Transfer the chicken to a plate and slice into 1-inch pieces once cool enough to handle.
- Place the chicken into a bowl and then add the cucumber, lemon juice, white wine vinegar, onion, feta, olives, tomatoes and a few pinches of salt, red and black pepper to taste. Toss the mixture well to combine and then serve.