- Prep: 45 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 45 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
The sweetness of the carrots creates an enjoyable contrast to the brine-cured olives, salty feta, citrusy lemon juice and fresh parsley in this recipe for Mediterranean Carrot Salad.
- 2 cloves finely chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons boiling water
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- Sea salt and fresh pepper
- 1 pound carrots, peeled and sliced
- 3/4 cup brine-cured, pitted Mediterranean olives, halved
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta
- Place the garlic into a bowl with the water and then set aside for 5 minutes to soak.
- Add the lemon juice, oil, sugar, basil, oregano and a few sprinkles of salt and pepper to the bowl with the garlic and then vigorously mix to combine.
- Place the carrots and the olives into a salad bowl and then add the prepared dressing. Toss to coat and then cover the bowl and place into the refrigerator for 30 minutes to allow the flavors to blend.
- Remove the salad; add the parsley and the feta and toss to combine.