- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: –
- Total: 20 min
- Serving: 10
The apple glaze give a whole new taste to meatloaf.
- 6 slices light whole wheat bread, torn into tiny pieces (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 2 pounds lean ground meat
- 1 green apple, cored, finely chopped
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 3 tablespoons horseradish
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup finely minced fresh parsley
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 teaspoons Chinese 5-Spice seasoning
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. and spray a flat baking pan with non stick spray. Place bits of bread on the baking pan and place in oven until toasted and crisp, 5 to 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and transfer to a large mixing bowl. Add remaining ingredients to bread and mix with your hands until ingredients are incorporated.
- Shape meat mixture into a loaf and place it on the center of the baking pan.
- Bake for 1 1/2 hours or until cooked through.
- To make the glaze, combine glaze ingredients in a saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer until liquid is reduced to a glaze consistency.
- Remove from heat and pour over the meatloaf about 15 minutes before meatloaf is done.