- Prep: 20 min
- Cook Time: 6 hr 20 min
- Total: 6 hr 40 min
- Serving: 4-6 servings
A simple slow cooker meatloaf with a cheesy center.
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup chili sauce
- 1-1/4 cups seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 (8 ounce) package shredded Monterey-Jack cheese, divided
- Take 3 strips of 3x18-inch heavy duty foil. Criss-cross over the bottom and sides of a greased slow cooker to create a wheel like surface.
- Mix together the beef, eggs, chili sauce and breadcrumbs in a bowl. Shape half of the dough in a flat loaf and place over the foil handles in the slow cooker. Press half of the cheese over top.
- Shape the remaining dough into a loaf and press over top of the cheese, creating a seal all the way around. Cook covered for 6-7 hours on low.
- Before serving, sprinkle the remaining cheese over top and let set in slow cooker until melted. Use the foil handles to lift the meatloaf out of the cooker.