- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total: 30 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
Use one of the ciabatta buns to make breadcrumbs for the meatloaf by placing it into a food processor and processing until bread is coarse and crumbly.
- 5 ciabatta buns (1 bun for breadcrumbs)
- 1 egg
- 1 14-1/2-ounces can diced tomatoes with basil, garlic, and oregano, drained
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh basil
- 1pound lean ground beef or ground turkey
- 4 ounces mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 1 cup fresh spinach leaves
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, 1 cup of the tomatoes, the breadcrumbs and the basil. Mix to combine and then add the beef and mix again until thoroughly blended.
- Shape the beef mixture into 4, 4-inch square portions and then place on a broiler pan.
- Cook the meatloaf in the oven for 20 minutes and then remove and place each square loaf on a ciabatta bun.
- Top the meatloaf with the cheese, remaining tomatoes and spinach and serve immediately.