- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 1 hr 10 min
- Total: 1 hr 20 min
- Serving: 15 meatballs
Homemade meat balls served on rice.
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons parsley, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper
- 3 1/2 cups tomatoes and juice, cooked
- 1/2 cup water
- Combine the beef, egg, onion, parsley, 1 teaspoon of salt and the pepper. Form 15 meatballs.
- Mix together the tomatoes and juice, remaining salt and water in a large skillet. Bring to a boil, add the meatballs. Cover and simmer for 30-40 minutes. Remove the meatballs.
- To make a gravy, add 1 tablespoon of flour to 3/4 cup water and stir into the tomato sauce. Add the meatballs back in and simmer for 10 minutes. Serve over rice.