- Prep: 10 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total: 30 min
- Serving: 4 Servings
Yukon Gold potatoes make the perfect consistency of mashed potatoes with just the right amount of starch, texture and creaminess.
- 2-1/2 pounds Yukon gold potatoes (about five), peeled and quartered
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons melted unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 1/4 cup chopped chives
- fresh sprigs of rosemary
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Place the potatoes into a large pot and cover by at least 2-inches with cold water.
- Bring the water to a boil over high heat and then add 1 tablespoon of salt.
- Reduce the heat to medium and simmer the potatoes for 20 minutes, or until tender.
- Drain the potatoes, making sure to reserve 1/2 cup of the cooking liquid.
- Place the potatoes back into the pot and mash along with the butter, milk, chives and the reserved cooking liquid. Season with additional salt and pepper and serve.