- Prep: 5 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total: 20 min
- Serving: 6
- 1 Â½ pounds sweet potatoes (leave unpeeled for higher fiber)
- ⅔ cup lowfat 2% milk
- Spiced Melted Butter:
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, or more to taste
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- Pinch salt
- Pinch or two black pepper
- In a small bowl whisk together the ingredients for the spiced melted butter.
- Set aside.
- Cut sweet potatoes into 1 inch pieces, place in a saucepan, cover with water and boil until very tender, about 15 minutes.
- Drain well in a colander and transfer to a large bowl.
- Using a potato masher or large fork, combine potatoes with milk and spiced melted butter, continue to mash until desired consistency.
- For a whipped version, use a hand mixer on medium speed.
- Serve immediately.