- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total: 35 min
- Serving: 6
This rutabaga recipe is a fantastic side dish choice and tastes great with onions.
- 1 rutabaga, diced (about 4 to 6 cups diced)
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a large pot, cook rutabaga and onion in salted water until tender. Drain and return to pot.
- Mash with an electric mixer or potato masher and add in butter, sugar, salt and pepper. Mash well and serve immediately.