- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 30 min
- Total: 45 min
- Serving: 6
Perfect for fall, rutabagas are versatile and taste delicious mashed. Try this mashed rutabaga recipe tonight!
- 3-4 large rutabagas, peeled and halved
- Water to cover
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Slice rutabagas into 1/2 inch thick slices. Boil until soft in a large pot for about 20-30 minutes depending on thickness of slices. Drain well in a colander.
- Return rutabaga to pot and mash with butter and lemon to the consistency of coarsely mashed potatoes. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately and enjoy!