- Prep: 30 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total: 50 min
- Serving: Makes 5 cups
The ricotta cheese in this dish adds both cheesy flavor and tang to these mashed potatoes.
- 2 pounds potatoes
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1-1/2 cups fresh ricotta
- 1/2 cups whole milk
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Peel the potatoes and cut into approximately 1-inch pieces.
- Put potatoes in a large pot, add a sprinkle of salt and fill with water until potatoes are covered. Bring the contents of the pot to a boil and cook for about 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender.
- Drain the liquid from the potatoes and then mash with a fork or potato masher.
- Blend in the ricotta, milk, butter, remaining salt, and pepper. Serve immediately.