- Prep: 15 min
- Cook Time: 20 min
- Total: 35 min
- Serving: 6
If you're looking for a tasty mashed side dish, try this mashed carrot and rutubaga recipe. Not only is it easy to make, but it looks and tastes great.
- 1 pound carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 pound rutabaga, peeled and chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 stick butter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped parsley, for garnish
- Boil carrots and rutabaga together in a big pot until just soft. Drain and return to pot.
- Add butter and lemon and mash together with an electric mixer or potato masher until the consistency is like a puree. Season mixture with salt and pepper. Transfer to a serving dish and garnish with parsley before serving.