- Prep: 25 min
- Cook Time: 15 min
- Total: 40 min
- Serving: 4
Maryland Crab Imperial can be baked in either a casserole dish or individual scallop shells.
- 1 pound crabmeat
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon onion, minced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 slices white bread, trim crusts and cube
- 1/2 cup mayonaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter
- In a medium pan, melt butter and mix in flour. Slowly add the milk, stirring constantly. Cook over medium heat until mixture comes to a boil and thickens. Add onions, Worcestershire sauce and bread cubes. Cool.
- Fold in mayonaise, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- In another pan, heat butter, add crabmeat and toss lightly. Combine with sauce mixture. Put into baking shells or a greased 1 quart casserole. Sprinkle with paprika. Bake at 450 degrees F for 10-15 minutes.